Saturday, June 28, 2008

Packin dem Bags - The Art of Bag Packing

Packing bags is a lost art form. When I go to my local grocery store, or my favorite store Target, I am reluctant to allow the associate to pack my bags. WHY? Since when do turkey ham, chlorine beach, condoms, Scott bathroom tissue and a dozen eggs go in the same bag? How come when I was younger, this sort of thing never happened? Dairy would go in same bag as the other dairy, all of the perishables were sorted, the meats were together and so on....nowadays, these young futha muckin bag packers are reckless. There's rules to this shit! Do employers offer courses in bagpacking, because if not, they should.

And speaking of packing dem bags, doesnt that phrase sound like a euphemism for some unGodly sexual act? SHEEEIT, it sounds like a rap song. Soulja Boy was crankin dat, Supaman'n dat hoe......sheeit, I be packin dem bags. Here's how the song would go:

I be......packin dem bags.
I be......packin dem bags.
put yo shit up on the counter,
and let me pack your bags.
Then I'ma crank dat, crack back and.....

ok. let me stop. i'll let someone else make up the dance.


and I'm gone...........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I thought I was the ONLY one who was bothered by the inept skills of sales clerks. Packing mismatched items drives me up a damn wall. The clerks at Target are notorious for throwing everything together. Granted we now have the luxury of one stop shopping however that doesn't mean I EVER want my Dial bodywash and yogurt to co-mingle...lol. Thanks for bringing this seemingly miniscule issue to the forefront...

Anonymous said...

I actually stood at the checkout, holding up the line to repack my bags properly. Folks have it to easy these days. If I packed meat and toilet paper together my mother would ask, "Who packed this bag?" Man, those were the days...
As far as the song, anything is possible. Just saw the video to the reggae song, Hoola Hoop!!

Nemesis said...

I just put the items on the thingy the way i want them packed and then watch very closely