Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Hero aint nuffin but a sammich....

Good morning folks. It has been a couple of days but my creative genius comes in spurts (**note to self: do not add vulgar joke**). This morning, as I got my son ready for school, I actually stopped what I was doing to watch what he was watching on television. I caught the tail end of "The Amazing SpiderMan" cartoon, (*again refrain from vulgarity*), and the beginning of "Superman". While watching Superman, I had a profound thought; something that NEVER occurred to me before. Superman's powers are attributed to his home planet, Krypton, and conversely, his weakness is Kryptonite, a by-product of his planet. But in casual wear or his superhero costume, Superman still has these SUPER powers. So my question is, WHY IN THE HELL DOES SUPERMAN NEED A CAPE?? Is his cape a fashion accessory and if so, my next question is does Superman like to play with other supermen or village people? Was Superman jealous of the late James Brown? As some of you may or may not know, James Brown was the FIRST Black superhero. See, most of us know him by his government name, but when he donned THAT cape, he was SOUL BROTHER NUMBER ONE. He could slide across the floor faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a midnight train to Georgia, and could make you move uncontrollably to the beat with his unintelligble superhero style of speech. Yes, James Brown was a superhero, the first Black superhero. Say it loud, I'm Black and I'm proud cuz Papa dont take no mess.
Profound thought, I know......and I'm gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where do you get these pictures from? lol