Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Post office and neighborhood supermarkets

Good people, can someone please explain to me why certain supermarkets and post offices have 50-11 check out aisles and retail service windows respectively, YET, there will only be 2 staff members manning aisle/window #1 and aisle/window #5 ?  And there are usually about 10 other cashiers/staffers who work there in the supermarket/post office but they are on break, or just walking around, eating, or talking some BULLSHIT about another absent employee.  The above picture is the post office located on 125th Street in Harlem.  The picture was taken with my cell phone, hence the poor quality; that and I was rushing to take the picture.  I didn't want the powers that be in the post office to think I was an urban terrorist, taking pictures of a possible target, --like I would want to blow up the post office in Harlem...I'd rather blow up some of the housing projects but that's another post-- so in lieu of being tackled to the ground and beaten with a stack of $.23 cent stamps and bubble wrap, I took a bad pic (forgive me).  But notice (if you can) in the pic, aint a MUTHA fugga working those gott damn windows.  SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT (a la Sen. Clay Davis).

and I'm gone..............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is the truth! add Duane Reade to the list. I was in there recently during prime lunch hour and there was 2 cashiers, one woman in the back stocking lipstick and a line of at least 12 people. One cashier looked like she was having a long conversation at that! A mess I tell you!