Saturday, October 4, 2008

My midlife crisis



I was recently confronted with a new reality that has affected the core of my being like nothing else before. My Black ass is getting old, which is not entirely a bad thing, but it's different to say the least. At the beginning of the year, I had one lonely white hair in my goatee....nothing major at all. Last night's count was seven. I used to think salt and pepper hair was cool....on other people. But gray hair really isn't a gauge of antiquity (actually, gray pubic hair is and I haven't counted them, yet, I digress). The true gauge of me getting old.....I find myself wearing pajamas nowadays! And before you people even get it twisted, NO, I do not wear a set, just the bottoms, but if that ain't some old man shit, I don't know what is! I used to find myself in bed in a pair of boxers. These days, I have at least 7 pajama bottoms. What has become of my life? Oh the agony! Is my midlife crisis upon me? How do I solve it? A Porsche, some young college thing thing who was born the year I graduated high school? Please people, tell me what to do! Is this what life has become? Work, taxes and pajama bottoms? I need to know how the story ends.


and I am gone......

No comments: